Do you like us to make conditions for the mentally vulnerable in Copenhagen better? And do you even have organizational interest, leadership skills and experience with mentally vulnerable people? Then it’s you we are missing from our team!
Mind and Vulnerability help citizens with mental illness out of isolation and on in life. Citizens often feel lonely and in an exposed life situation without a social network. In the Visitor Service, they are matched with volunteer visiting friends who have the profits to talk, listen and accommodate.
As an activity leader, you become part of a team that together stands to lead and develop the activity. With your efforts you can make a difference for the mentally vulnerable and improve their conditions which can give them new courage in life. In the team we do up with stigmas about the target group, create new collaborations, recruit volunteers and spar with the network’s team leaders.
As an activity leader, you will get a lot again:
- The joy of making a difference for other people and creating better conditions for mentally vulnerable citizens.
- Ability to develop your leadership skills and gain more management experience.
- You become part of a team that is passionate about the socially disadvantaged just like you.
- Personal development, including professional and personal sparring.
- Skills development, we dress you up for the task through exciting courses and theme days.
In the activity management team, you are responsible for:
- Marketing the activity and recruiting new volunteers
- Stigmatizing the target audience and rewriting the narrative of living with a mental illness
- Maintaining current collaborations and finding new partners (e.g., home counselors and district psychiatrists)
- Providing support and sparring to the network’s team leaders, as well as holding regular management meetings (approximately 9 times a year)
- Arranging relevant courses for all network volunteers who can increase the knowledge level of living with a mental illness
- The overview of the activity’s finances, as well as ongoing follow-up and sparring with the activity’s consultant
We are looking for you who:
- Fires to help socially disadvantaged and improve conditions for mentally vulnerable citizens. It is an advantage if you have knowledge of mental vulnerability, but it is not a requirement.
- Is robust and can accommodate the problems that individual citizens, volunteers and team leaders bring
- Have an interest in organizational development and leadership. It is an advantage if you have experience with coordination and management, but it is not a requirement.
- Has the opportunity to use approx. 15 hours a month to be an activity manager
Disability or disability
If you live with a disability, illness or disability, we will try to customize the activity to suit your needs.
We are looking forward to hear from you!
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information on the activity or come to a non-binding talk about the possibilities.
Red Cross Capital
Source: You can make a difference for the mentally vulnerable as an activity leader – frivilligjob.dk