Welcome to the Center for Evidence-Based Mentoring. The Center is dedicated to creating the open and efficient exchange of research and ideas. In doing so, we seek to advance the production, dissemination, and uptake of evidence-based practice in ways that improve the effectiveness of practice and, ultimately, create stronger, more enduring mentor-mentee relationships.
Mentoring Practice and Policy
The goal of the center is to advance both the production and uptake of evidence-based practice in the field of youth mentoring. We accomplish this goal through the production of research, the facilitation of collaborations, and the dissemination of evidence-based resources.
Advance our Understanding of Youth Mentoring
- Conduct rigorous research on mentoring programs and practice, including the conditions under which it is most effective
- improve the translation of evidence into program, practice, and policy
- Identify and fill gaps in the knowledge base of evidence-based mentoring
- help train the next generation of youth mentoring researchers
Facilitate collaboration and exchange across constituents
- collaborate with mentoring and youth development researchers, practitioners, organizations, and policy experts in way that increases information sharing and advance evidence-based practice
- create forums to facilitate information exchange and collaboration amongst mentoring researchers, practitioners, and others affiliated in the field
Increase the dissemination of evidence-based resources
- create user-friendly research digests, practice tools, and policy recommendations on youth mentoring
- create, disseminate, and revise user-friendly evidence-based trainings and resources
Find centrets hjemmeside her